Social media is one of the most powerful ways to market in today’s business world. While platforms innovate and evolve constantly, with the right approach you can turn them into opportunities to build brand awareness, identify prospects, turn them into customers, and— ultimately—boost your bottom line.
Remember these six basic points:
- Who, What, How. Know your goals and the audience you need to reach to achieve those goals.
- Go Where Your Customers Are. Use the social media platforms that your audience frequents most. This can be found out through market and consumer research.
- Content is King. Give users fresh, timely content with real value (education, news, savings, etc.) that both relates to them and to your brand. Remember, the more relevant your message is to your audience, the more likely they will share, therefore creating a wider scope of the message.
- Be Social. Engage. Interact. Post questions, quizzes and contests. Reward users for sharing or liking your post by sharing and liking theirs. Respond to comments and complaints in a timely manner.
- Optimize. Take advantage of email marketing, paid search, and SEO (search engine optimization) best practices to get more return from your posts.
- Track Your Progress. Choose KPIs and metrics to measure success, evaluate how your campaigns are doing frequently, and make changes as needed.
To learn more about how social media can enhance your marketing strategy, download our free eBook.