The Mobile metro area is located in Southwest Alabama on Mobile Bay. The region includes Mobile and Baldwin counties and covers an area of 2,829 square miles, with the city of Mobile as the dominant urban area. [1. Ominiture Site Catalyst, Mobile and Baldwin County page views, June 2012] The Mobile metropolitan area continues to grow, bolstered by Baldwin County, one of the fastest-growing counties in Alabama. Mobile showcases its economic diversity as a center for finance, healthcare, construction, distribution, retail trade and technology.
- Combined, Alabama Media Group’s Press-Register and AL.com reach 365,998 adults every month, 80.9% of the combined population of Mobile and Baldwin counties. [1. Mobile Scarborough, Release 1, 2012]
- Mobile County ranks third in the state for the number of page views loaded from AL.com [2. Mobile Scarborough, Release 1, 2012]
- Mobile and Baldwin counties viewed more than 2.3 million pages of AL.com content in June 2012 [3. Ominiture Site Catalyst, Mobile and Baldwin County page views, June 2012]
Additionally, Alabama Media Group’s digital advertising solutions can increase the reach of your marketing message in the Mobile area, comprised of consumers who are highly connected online:
- 79% of Mobile adults have Internet access[2.Mobile Scarborough, Release 1, 2012]
- 89% have cell phones and smartphone usage has increased by 77% in the past year [2. Mobile Scarborough, Release 1, 2012]
- 70% of adults between the ages of 18 and 49 use social media[2. Mobile Scarborough, Release 1, 2012]