Huntsville continues to grow, becoming Alabama’s second largest Metropolitan area as of the 2010 Census. [1. Economic Development”, huntsville alabamausa.com, n.d. Web. Aug 24, 2012] This growth is the result of a diverse industry base, including aerospace, defense, biotechnology, computer science and advanced manufacturing.
Huntsville is home to Cummings Research Park, the second largest research park in the country and the fourth largest in the world and is home to a highly-educated workforce, with more PhDs and engineers in one city than anywhere else in the country.
Huntsville continues to receive multiple national and international accolades in a variety of areas, including: [2. 2012-2013 Guide to Huntsville/Madison County]
- Top 20 Leading Metros for Business – Forbes
- Top 10 Smartest Cities in the world – Forbes
- Most Affordable Cities – CNN/Money
- Top 10 Places to Live – Relocate America
- The Huntsville Times reaches more than 150,000 adults 18+ every week, and almost three-quarters of local Adults 18+ with post-graduate degrees are Huntsville Times readers. [3. Huntsville Custom Scarborough Study, 2007, adjusted based on 2012 readership patterns]
- AL.com is the strongest website in Huntsville, reaching 207,000 unique visitors monthly, delivering audiences that are 65% to 600% larger than other local media websites. [4. comScore, Huntsville DMA, June 2012]